Kent Tree and Pond Partnership
The Kent Tree & Pond Partnership are all volunteer tree or pond wardens enthusiastic about their local town or rural environment, often linked to parishes or other local organisations, and involved in either trees and woodlands, or ponds …. or both! Tree Wardens and Pond Wardens may carry out different roles in different Kent parishes, according to how many wardens there are, their skills and abilities, the needs of the parish, and the support that the parish council and other individuals/groups within the parish can give their Tree Wardens and Pond Wardens. Some of the benefits of the Tree and Pond Warden Schemes to a parish are:
· Encouraging members of the community to become Tree and Pond Wardens through training courses.
· Providing the opportunity for your community to help manage and improve your own environment.
· Creating better links with other environmental groups.
· Engaging local schools and young people in caring for their environment.
· Saving money – Proper care for trees and ponds can save expensive long-term maintenance.
· Acting as eyes and ears for the local community.
· Helping a Parish Council to fulfill its obligations to encourage biodiversity as detailed in the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006.